How safe is a tooth implant for patients in the Quincy, MA area?
Dr. Stephen J. Matarazzo and his team in Quincy, MA are committed to providing patients in the area with restorative solutions. Whether patients are seeking general, cosmetic, or restorative dentistry options for their smiles, they are welcome to book an appointment with our team to learn more. A common restoration is the tooth implant, but many patients looking for a tooth replacement option will ask, “How safe is a dental implant?”
Dental implants are extremely safe for placement into the smile. They are made of titanium, which is a metal that will not corrode. It is also biocompatible with the body, ensuring safety and efficiency. The implant itself is like a small screw that Dr. Stephen J. Matarazzo places into the jawbone after determining there is sufficient bone to do so. Then, the process of osseointegration occurs. This is the growth of the bone around the implant. This stabilizes the implant in place, so it can function as a natural tooth once it has been restored with a crown, bridge, or denture.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
Many patients find that dental implants are a great fit for their specific dental needs. Dental implants have many benefits.
- Dental implants are restorations made of a biocompatible metal, so they can be long-lasting, durable, and can become a part of the body after osseointegration.
- Dental implants are long-lasting, often providing patients with tooth restoration for the rest of their lives. This is because implants are fused with the bone of the jaw and become permanent. However, if patients ever experience bone loss with conditions such as periodontal disease, they may need to consider other options if the implant becomes loose.
- Dental implants can still be placed for patients if they do not have sufficient bone. Bone grafting can be performed prior to the placement of implants to ensure a proper foundation for optimum results.
- Dental implants are easy to care for. They do not require specialized treatment at all. In fact, they can be brushed and flossed just as natural teeth are. However, it is still very important for patients to visit their dentist regularly for evaluations to ensure their teeth and gums are healthy and free from disease.
- Dental implants look and function like natural teeth. They are completed with porcelain restorations that look completely natural. They allow patients to eat and speak as they did before tooth loss. Because implants use the bone for their foundation, they offer unsurpassed stability.
- Dental implants are versatile. They can be restored with crowns, bridges, or dentures, depending on the needs of the patient. Dentures are a great option on top of dental implants as this offers the best stability and foundation needed for fully functioning restorations.
How do implant-supported dentures work?
Patients who need to replace an entire arch of teeth, but want to avoid the common pitfalls of traditional full dentures can ask about implant-supported dentures. Implant-supported dentures require patients to have implants placed along the dental arch and then have their new dentures created to snap into place over these implants. The result? A denture that will not budge. Patients will be able to enjoy their favorite foods without worrying about their dentures coming out. This provides the most confidence for our patients. We can assess patients for this and other restorations.
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Stephen J. Matarazzo today!
If you live in the Quincy, MA area, and are ready for quality dental care solutions for your smile, we encourage you to take the time to work with our team of professionals and discuss the advantages of using dental implants to restore the smile. Call the office today at (617) 405-3939 and visit at 300 Crown Colony Drive. We welcome new patients in the are seeking comprehensive dental care solutions for the smile.