Advantages of implant supported Teeth for totally edentulous people
1. Improved quality of life.
2. Greatly improved ability to chew. Many people can create as much force with their implant supported teeth as with their own natural teeth. Within 2 months of completing treatment reported over an 85% increase in chewing ability. After three years of completing treatment, most people showed over a 300% increase in chewing ability from when they had full
chewing ability from when they had full dentures.
3. Look younger. Facial dimensions were lost while they had full dentures not supported by implants. It is life a natural facelift.
See Chapter 8 on Facelift dentistry.
4. Feel younger. Over 85% of people with implant-supported teeth reported their psychological condition greatly improved.
5. Implants stop the shrinkage of their face and jaws too keep that youthful look.
6. Adhesive and denture pastes not needed to hold teeth in place. Of course the number of implants used to support the teeth vary. The greater the number of implants used increases the stability. See more later.
7. Speech greatly improved.
8. Self-esteem greatly improved.
9. Social events and time with family is again enjoyed. Dinner either in their own home or in restaurants is again a pleasure. I can’t tell you how many times people tell me how they will not go out to dinner with
their kids and especially grandchildren because of embarrassment
10. Patients are happier.
I have been a dentist in Quincy since 1978. I have been restoring implants since 1978. I attended the Misch Surgical Institute and have achieved a Fellowship status.
Dr Steve Matarazzo